Snyder Police Department offers the Vacation Watch Program to the citizens of Snyder. The program is for home owners or residents who are going on vacation or plan to be away from their home for an extended period of time not to exceed 30 days. The Snyder Police Department Vacation Watch Program is free of charge and while you are away, Police Officers will monitor your property for inappropriate activity or emergencies.
Enlisting the police department to keep an eye out for suspicious activity while you are away from home does not guarantee against loss, theft, damage or mischief but it can be a useful deterrent to anyone who may be considering accessing your home for criminal purposes. To enroll in the Vacation Watch Program you may simply fill out the below Vacation Watch Form. Complete the form and submit it. If you have any trouble using the available online form, you can visit The Snyder Police Department at 400 37th St, Snyder Texas to request this service. The Snyder Police Department recommends that your request be completed at least one week prior to your departure date to ensure the request is processed in time. For questions or concerns, please call 325-573-0261.
Whether or not you utilize this free service, there are steps you can take prior to departing to safeguard your property…
- stop mail and newspaper delivery
- leave shades/blinds in normal positions
- put automatic timers on lights; set the timers so they will turn on and off at random times in different rooms
- leave a key with a trusted neighbor in case of emergency
- lock all windows and doors
- have someone park a car in your driveway occasionally
- arrange to have the lawn mowed/snow plowed
- shut and lock your garage door